Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Countdown to Spring

So the official start of Spring may not be until March 20th this year, and I don’t know about you but I’m definitely ready for the warmer temperatures, budding trees and flowers and no more snow! The storm earlier this week pummeled the Northeast with snowfall totals with over a foot of snow in some area, mostly along the coast and the air over the region this morning set a records like the one set in Atlantic City, NJ their morning low was only 3 degrees! Looking at the models though it seems like we’ll be close to average temperatures into the following week but like February, March can be a very unpredictable month. I’ll keep you updated, in the meantime, here’s a poem I wrote back when I was in high school, about the wonders of Spring.
One Spring
When the flowers blossomed
And their fragrant scent filled the air,
When the birds played tag in the sky
And sweet sounds echoed aimlessly,
When the gray clouds dumped cool rain
Over an already damp ground,
That was went I met you
Eyes as green as the prominent grass,
Skin as dark as the sun had toasted it,
Personality as unique as a four-leaf clover,
Yet soon the flowers withered
And the birds flew their own ways,
The gray clouds sprinkled cold snow and the ground was white,
Leaving me waiting for that one Spring,
When we’ll meet again and the world will stop.

No comments: